- 1. Name: Tatsuya KUBOTA
- 2. Research Interests
- Fault modeling using offshore ocean bottom pressure data
- Near-coastal tsunami forecasting using offshore tsunami data
- 3. Publications
- (1) Peer-reviewed papers
- Kubota, T., R. Hino, D. Inazu, Y. Ito, T. Iinuma, Y. Ohta, S. Suzuki, and K. Suzuki (2017), Coseismic slip model of offshore moderate interplate earthquakes on March 9, 2011 in Tohoku using tsunami waveforms, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 458, 141–151, doi:10.1016/j.epsl.2016.10.047. [Link]
- Kubota, T., R. Hino, D. Inazu, Y. Ito, and T. Iinuma (2015), Complicated rupture process of the Mw 7.0 intraslab strike-slip earthquake in the Tohoku region on 10 July 2011 revealed by near-field pressure records, Geophys. Res. Lett., 42, 9733-9739, doi:10.1002/2015GL066101. [Link]
- (2) Presentations at the international meetings
- Kubota, T., T. Saito, W. Suzuki, and R. Hino (2017), Challenge for the accurate CMT estimation of the offshore earthquakes using ocean bottom pressure gauges as seismometers, AGU2017 Fall Meeting, S34B-01, San Francisco.
- Kubota, T., R. Hino, Y. Ohta, and S. Suzuki (2017), The seismotectonic implications of source models of M-7 class earthquakes before and after the 2011 Tohoku-Oki Earthquake using offshore tsunami records, IAG-IASPEI 2017, J02-P-14, Kobe, Japan.
- Kubota, T., R. Hino, Y. Ohta, S. Suzuki, and D. Inazu (2015), Fault model of the intraplate doublet on Dec. 7 2012 derived from nearand far-field tsunami records and its implication for the post-2011 stress state, AGU 2015 Fall Meeting, T21D-2861, San Francisco.
- Ito, Y., L. M. Wallace, S. A. Henrys, K. Mochizuki, C. A. Williams, R. Hino, H. Ichihara, D. Inazu, S. Suzuki, T. Yagi, T. Kubota, D. Haijima, B. Fry, and S. Bannister (2014), Transient crustal deformation due to slow slip observed on ocean bottom pressure recorders in the Hikurangi margin, AGU 2014 Fall Meeting, T51A-4599, San Francisco.
- Suzuki, S., R. Hino, Y. Ito, T. Kubota, and D. Inazu, (2015), Long-term continuous observation of vertical gradient of water temperature on the deep seafloor, AGU 2015 Fall Meeting, S31A-2734, San Francisco.
- Nakahigashi, K., Y. Machida, T. Shimbo, T. Yamada, K. Mochizuki, H. Shiobara, M. Shinohara, Y. Murai, R. Hino, R. Azuma, K. Suzuki, T. Kubota, K. Hasegawa, T. Sato, H. Takada, K. Uehira, and H. Yakiwara (2014), Spatial distribution of earthquakes around the southern end of the co-seismic slip of the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake, AGU 2014 Fall Meeting, S13D-4503, San Francisco.
- Kubota, T., R. Hino, and T. Iinuma (2014), Fault modeling of the Mw 7.0 shallow intra-slab strike-slip earthquake occurred on 2011 July 10th using near-field tsunami record, AGU 2014 Fall Meeting, T41B-4610, San Francisco.
- Kubota, T., R. Hino, D. Inazu, T. Saito, T. Iinuma, S. Suzuki, Y. Ito, Y. Ohta, and K. Suzuki (2012), Source models of M-7 class earthquakes in the rupture area of the 2011 Tohoku-Oki Earthquake by near-field tsunami modeling, AGU 2012 Fall Meeting, T13B-2594, San Francisco.
- Student outstanding presentation award, JpGU 2016 Meeting
- Student outstanding presentation award, SSJ 2012 Fall Meeting
- 4. Memberships
- Seismological Society of Japan (SSJ)
- Japan Geoscience Union (JpGU)
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- 5. Profile
- B.Sc., Faculty of Science, Tohoku University (04/2007 - 03/2011)
- M.Sc., Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University (04/2011 - 03/2013)
- Ph.D., Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University (04/2014 - 03/2017)
- Associate Research Fellow, National Research Institute for Earth Science and Desaster Resilience (04/2017 - present)
back to member list
10 October 2017 Updated